Streets & Buildings

Notes on Individual Buildings

The Old Vicarage
Little St Mary Street
First Mentioned 1296
The Swan Inn
Cornhill
First Mentioned 1553 (Façade late 18th. c.)
The Cupola
St Mary Street
First Mentioned 1564
9 Fore Street
Medieval, 16th, 17th & 18th Century Fragments
Surviving Houses of Old West Street
First Mention in 1682
Late Medieval Cottages in North Street
Ivy House
18th Century Core
Features in the Cellars of 7-9 King Square
Built c.1819
Penlea House
Hamp
Built c.1850
The ‘Concrete Castle’
Queen Street
Built 1851
The Town Hall Complex
Main Hall 1865 with older elements
The Oil and Cake Mill
The Docks
First Built 1869
The Telescopic Bridge
Opened 1871
The Carnegie Library
Binford Place
Opened 1906
Westfield House
West Street
Opened 1965

Streets and Area Surveys

Notes on Friarn Street
Historical Features & History of Blake Gardens
The Eastover Triangle
West Quay
Penel Orlieu

Heritage Conservation

Blue Plaues
Section 215 in St Mary St and Fore St