The Emma of Bridgwater operated from the port from about 1900.
The Emma was a Ketch of 47 tons, built at Pill in 1868, registration number 60581. She was one of the smaller size of ships used for coastal trading around the Severn Sea. Ships of about 200 tons could reach as far as the town bridge.
In 1870, 1880 and 1890 she was registered to Gloucester and owned by George Welch. In 1900, 1910 and 1915 she was managed by Edward Hamblin of Bath Road Bridgwater. Edward was a coal importer (from Wales), who had a fleet of five or six vessels in the trade. The Hamblins were notable for having a garage at the top of Monmouth Street. The managing owner in 1920 was Thomas R. Brown of Knowle, Somerset.
Her register was closed and she was broken up in 1926.