Opening October 1906Coop-opening1903-v4-1
The building was purchased by the adjoining St Joseph’s on the Quay in 1979 and demolition began in October 1980 (Tony Woolrich, ‘St Joseph’s on the Quay‘, 2020)
Western Daily Press 08 October 1906
“On Saturday afternoon, in the presence of a large crowd of members and friends, the new central premises of the Bridgwater Co-operative Society were formally opened by the president (Mr H. Attwell). tea was subsequently held in the Town Hall, and in the same building a concert took place in the evening.”
A scrapbook relating to the Bridgwater Industrial Co-operative Society, 1891-1913, is held by the Somerset Heritage Centre A\DPM (not yet consulted).
Any further information on this building and organisation would be very gratefully received.