Heritage Group Collection

All materials here that are part of the Heritage Group Collection are either deposited or will be deposited in the Heritage Centre in Taunton (documents), or the Blake Museum Bridgwater (photographs), and so available to viewing by the general public. Corrections and contributions to the Heritage Group Collection are welcome.


Letter to Mr Handcock from William Boys, 16 April 1794

Letter to George H. Pain, from Robert H. Parr and Margaret Henning, 27 November 1829.

Letter to C. Rowcliffe from George Bryant, 15 March 1833.

Note to Mr West, 5 January 1852.

Letters and Annual Reports from the Second Equitable Permanent Building Society, 1883-1890.


17 North Street the Blew Anchor, 1727-1876

16 Castle Street Thomas Watts of London leases to John Anderdon, physician of Bridgwater, 1735.

11 West Quay The Ship and Castle Inn (later Watergate Hotel), 1746. Also material on Mill Farm, Enmore (Prowse’s Farm / Catter’s Tenement and Mill)

6 & 7 Cornhill The Swann Inn, 1792

Bridgwater Turnpike Mortgage Securities Transfer, January 1843

33 and 35 Devonshire Street, Edward Urch Vidal leases to James Abbot, builder, land for building two houses, October 1870


Certificate from the Bridgwater Assize Court given to William Allen of Stogumber for apprehending Charles Routley, 20 August 1811

Flybill to the Independent Electors of Bridgwater, 11 June 1818

Acts of Parliament relating to Bridgwater, from 1794

Invoice from Browne & Company, May 1860

Rental Survey for the Rectory of Otterhampton, c.1861

Inventory of the Dunball Steam Pottery, c.1886

Closure Notice Bridgwater Docks, 17 April 1953

Adverts of Colthurst & Symons Brick and Tile Manufactures, 1936, 1952 and 1961

Auction Catalogue for the selling of two factory sites of John Board & Co. 1960

Concert Programmes

The Walls of Jericho Bridgwater Amateur Dramatic Club, 7 April 1910

Bridgwater Choral Society’s Concert, 14 April 1910

The Grand Patriotic Concert Bridgwater Amateur Operatic Society, 10-11 December 1914

When we are Married The Blake Drama Group, 31 March 1949

The Shop at Sly Corner The ROC players: Town Hall Repertory Theatre, undated