A school to service parts of Bridgwater and North Petherton was built in 1903, to the designs of Samson and Cottam of Bridgwater. There were intially up to 200 pupils. The school relocated in 2010, leaving these buildings empty. Plans were put forward to demolish the buildings in 2018. However, the empty buildings were arsoned at least twice. The first fire occured on 7 August 2019. The second and more substantial fire took place on 2 September 2019, and the ruins were demolished soon afterwards.
This advert for Fursland’s builders was placed in a 1910 guide to Bridgwater: