Notes from the 3 September 1832 edition:
Subscription advertisement for Reverend William Phelps planned History and Antiquities of Somersetshire. This book would not be published until 1835, and would end up taking a different format to that proposed in the advertisement here, for a start ultimately extending to four volumes instead of two. The first volume can be found here, which makes mention of Mr Robert Anstice.
Advertisement for farms to be let at Lilstock, and the Taunton and Somerset Agricultural Show.
A large amount of local space is taken up with political editorials and letters to the editor.
Detailed article about the proceedings of the re-opening of Ashcott All Saints’ Parish Church. This work had begun in 1831 and was for the enlargement of the Nave, to allow additional seating for the congregation. As can be seen from the picture below, the work was to remove the medieval aisles and create a much more modern box-like structure.
Mention of the marriage of Mr James Mac Knight, tea dealer, to Mrs Harriet Dye of the Punch Bowl Tavern.